GUEST LECTURE JOURNALISM, SOCIAL MEDIA, AND THE PUBLIC SPHERE IN VIETNAM by LE THU MACH Date & Time 24.11. 2021 10 AM, CET Location Trainee Centre Online: https://cesnet.zoom.us/j/98554741382 Abstract This lecture provides an overview of the journalism and social media in Vietnam, and the formulation of public sphere in this single-party country. It analyses the unique ideological and legal foundation of Vietnamese state-owned journalism, and the evolution of social media, particularly Facebook, in this context.…
Who is going to visit us?
Check out our planned event ↓
Would you like to know who has visited us so far?
Check out our overview of previous seminars and trainings carried out within our Trainee centre ↓
Instructions for guests
First of all, let us provide you with information about the general procedure that takes place upon your arrival to Olomouc.
All the useful information can be found here.
PER DIEMS INFORMATION:
• travel expenses primarily used for international experts and supervisors
• used to cover all costs of accommodation, meal allowance, and travel expenses within the Czech Republic
• based on valid rates of European Union published on the European Committee webpage: http://ec.europa.eu/europeaid/work/procedures/implementation/per_diems/index_en.htm_en
• the current daily rate is 230 EUR per day. It must not be exceeded, with the international expert´s consent it may be decreased.
• the amount is liable to compulsory income taxation accoriding to the rules and regulations of the international expert´s country of taxation residency
• are used for short-term hosting of international specialists, comming to train the project workers through individual cunsultations and giving lectures at the Trainee centre
•the daily working time excluding the day of arrival and the day of departure should be at least 6 hours a day, documented by a written record (reports, attendance sheets, of the trainings, training drafts, presentations…)
• per diems are not to be alloted to the international expert for days when no activites related to the project are carried out (e. g. weekend days)
• are only available to imternational experts who have not signed any legally binding contractual relationship compliing the Czech legislation with Palacký University as one of the contract parties.
• if the length of the expert´s stay cannont be stated in whole days the length of the stay observes hours (rounded to whole numbes)
•the international expert is paid a flight ticket or a ticket to the Czech Republic and back to his country, all other travelling expenses in his home country and within the Czech Republic mus be paid by the epert himself (using his per diems)
• receives an invitation together with this manual
•if the invited guest needs a letter of invitation (for visa ) please contact Tereza Motalová (email@example.com)
• upon consultation reports to Tereza Motalová the date of arrival and departure (at least 30 days before arrival to ensure timely booking of the flight ticket)
• the expert provides Tereza Motalová detailed information on the agenda (the recipients of the training, the lecture topic, the topics offered for consultation, his field of expertise) as well as his personal details – at least 30 days in advance cf. the Per Diems Questionnaire
• the expert subsequently receives detailed information on the working program in the Czech Republic to his e-mail address
• should the international expert need assistance for finding accommodation (which he pays for on his own using per diems), he is suposed to contact Tereza Motalová
• the complete agenda related to the attendance of the international expert to the event in question will be provided by Palacký University
• Upon arrival the guest signs all the documents ready at the project administrator, the contact site is at Faculty of Arts, Vodární 6
• subsequently per diems will be paid t in cash with the assistance of the project administrator.
• a suitable train connection form the airport to Olomouc wil be recommended and the guest will be collected at the train station by a project worker who wil be ready to assist during the first moments in Olomouc the project worker will show the guest round the town and help him find his way to the hotel and to the project office.
• to provide the flight tickets it is necessary to provide the following information as soon as possible via e-mail:
• given name(s) , surname and the date of birth of the international expert as stated in his passport
• the type of means of transportation
•preferred date of arrival/ departure
• the destination and possibliy other specific requirements (departure time, luggage)
• the international expert is sent information about a booked flight to his e-mail. He is kindly asked to check the details of the flight as well as double check his personal data. Please respond to this e-mail without delay as the flight ticket pricing may change within hours!
•the flight tickets will be covered by insurance in case of storno for health issues. Plese report all possible complications to Tereza Motalová as soon as possible.
• the international expert will receive an electronic flight ticket via email
• the international expert is responsible for his check-in procedure, if needed Tereza Motalová may be asked for the necessary assistance
• the international expert agrees to provide personal data for the needs of documentation of his attendance at the events organized by Palacký University (e.g. an invitation, photographs, program, attendance sheets, sworn statement)